Chartwells Higher Ed
- We are now hiring for a Sr Campus Executive Chef position.
- Location: Texas A&M College Station, TX Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: varies
- Relocation & Sign on bonus offered!
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 495413. Additionally, you can get in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you unique with a Prerecorded Video Interview! Click here to learn more!
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success – we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Working as a Senior Campus Executive Chef will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! The purpose of this job is to lead culinary operations in all areas of a unit insuring on trend, efficient, safe and sanitary food production. You will be responsible for menu development, inventory, purchasing, food cost controls and staff management and development.
Great opportunity working with an incredible team!
Relocation and Sign on bonus offered!
· Develops high culinary standards for our retail, board meals, dining and catering operations
· Trains, develops and provides inspirational leadership to local culinary team
· Leads Corporate Social Responsibility, food seasonality, health/wellness and high-quality culinary arts on campus
· Analyzes ongoing performance and trends in the local operation and devises and leads improvements
· Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and is able to explain them to customers accurately
· Culinary degree preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Food Services Technology/Management/or related field preferred
· Three to five years of progressive culinary or kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
· Experience with planning and managing catering events from a culinary perspective
· Strong leadership skills and desire to work with an industry leader
· Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
· Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet)
· Ability to communicate on various levels including management, departmental, customer and associate
· ServSafe® Certification
Associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 495413
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: